Standard - Enhanced - Custom
Standard Automation Services -- Email and Site Updates
Any Web site hosted on our server has free access to the following services. Either you or your site designer can implement the necessary HTML, based on our examples, or we can tailor your existing HTML for you working on a per hour basis.
Web sites often need to send email for one reason or another -- either forwarding visitor information to the site owner, or sending special messages (even files) to visitors on request. Our server's standard email functions cover all these needs, with encryption as a bonus feature for sending confidential email.
- Simple "FormMail", which will email you an easily readable copy of the information the visitor has entered on a Web form.
- SecureMail -- as for FormMail, but with optional PGP encryption to ensure that the visitor's confidential information is treated securely. This involves an additional PGP setup fee for the site, and requires a PGP add-on for your mail reader. Please talk to us about your requirements.
- FaxMail (sending faxes from the site) is also easily supported by our FormMail function, thanks to its advanced message template features. As a result, virtually any third-party FaxMail service can be used without special software development.
- Send email to visitor, which will send a defined message to the visitor with
an optional attached file. For example, use it to email a zip file or large document to visitors who are having trouble downloading it.
All the above services include full template-based layout of the email messages, which means that form information can be included within the message in a nice, readable fashion.
Our custom site management tool has the following special features to make updating your site easier:
- It knows which files you've changed in your local copy of the site, and only uploads the changed files (pages, images, zip files -- in one directory or 100!)
- All files are compressed before transmission, substantially lessening connect times
- FTP connections and transmission are all handled by WebQueue
- Once WebQueue has been set up, an entire update can be done at the push of a single button
- WebQueue's unique "Gather" feature, permits you to request one or more files from the site itself (for example, email logs), or even conduct an entire site backup!
The following services are available on our server, but require some special setup and page creation. Please contact us for information about these features:
- Site-wide page search -- users can type in keywords and be shown links to all pages on your site (or limited to certain directories) containing those keywords
- Block search -- users can type in keywords and be shown a result page containing sections from your site pages which contain those keywords -- useful if your pages containg a productlisting or catalogue
- Credit card validation -- checking number and expiry date -- with form submission via secure or regular server, according the your visitor's preference
Please inquire if you'd like our assistance in any of the following areas:
- Full electronic commerce -- online credit card authorisation and funds transfer to a US bank account
- Database-driven page generation, such as for catalogs, organisational or technical information
- Private mailing list (Listserv) management
- Mail-merge email generation (not available for creating unsolicited email)
- Fully dynamic Web sites, search engines and Web applications